An academic department is an organizational unit to which courses are associated. Once configured, the department becomes useful as a way to filter courses and course section offerings throughout the application. Department filters are available on list pages, sandboxes, and various reports where applicable.
- Click on the Academics Tab
- Select Departments
- Open the left side filter panel to search for specific departments.
- By using the "Keyword" search (you must click the "Search" button" or press enter), Only departments matching the keyword(s) will be returned in the list.
- To limit the number of departments, use the Subject and/or Course filter.
- Use the "Active" drop-down to view departments that are active, inactive, or either.
- Click on the department name to view the Department details.
Astra Schedule clients will need to add Departments manually.
- Click the Academics tab.
- Select Departments.
- Click Add a Department.
- Name: enter the department name.
- Add a text description, if desired.
- Click the + option to associate courses with the department.
- Use the pop-up window to select all applicable courses (optionally filtering by subject).
- Select courses and click Done when all courses have been selected.
- Click Save.