How to Share Tips and Tricks
One of the best ways to share your Ad Astra-related best practices in the Community is by posting your experiences in the Tips and Tricks section of the Support Center. Sharing your experiences and how you use Ad Astra products will help other Community members learn and grow.
If you feel your knowledge, experience, or use cases should be shared with other Ad Astra users, you can begin creating your article by logging into the Support Center and selecting "new post" in the Community. (For more guidance on creating your account or logging in, see Managing My Account.)
As with any new post, there are some basics to consider, including the importance of:
- Professionalism (since your post is public)
- Providing value to the Community;
- Having a clear title that provides high-level context and is easily searchable;
- Posting your article under the correct topic, which in this case should be the topic of “User Tips and Tricks”; and
- Sharing information that is not sensitive in nature.
For more guidance around these basics, please check out the following content.
In addition to those basics, it’s also important to provide enough context for members to understand your experience and how they can apply what they have learned. Readers will benefit from hearing about:
- The Ad Astra products you’re using related to the post;
- Pertinent details about your role, your use of Ad Astra, or your institution;
- The problem you were trying to solve or what challenge you were facing;
- What you tried and what eventually worked (your solution); and
- The steps you took (step-by-step instructions are always helpful).
As you provide context, you may find that other resources help tell your story. You are encouraged to attach screenshots, as well as, share links to other Ad Astra resources in the Support Center if they provide value to your article.
If you're considering sharing a report as a best practice, be sure to check out the following article first: How to Share Crystal Reports with Other Astra Users.
So, it’s possible you have a lot of content to share in your Tips and Tricks article. To help chunk and organize the information and make it more consumable to readers, you should take advantage of the tools available in the Details field (e.g., paragraph styles, bullets, etc.).
Editing and Deleting
Once your post is published, you have the option to edit or delete the post by selecting the gear icon.
You will also notice that when you post in the Community, you will begin following that article without having to select the Follow button. When members of the Community comment on the article, you will receive an email notification.
If you choose to stop following the article, you can either select “Unfollow” on the article itself, or you can go to your personal settings and adjust your following notifications (see Managing My Account).