Setup and Teardown Windows added to rooms blocks the room for addtional time every time it is scheduled. This is typically used for behind-the-scenes preparation involved in setting up a room prior to an event or tearing down the setup after an event. The Setup and Teardown Windows account for the time the room is in use before and after the event's actual start and end time.
Before adding these setup/teardown windows you will want to ensure there is a setup or teardown service created.
- Click the Equipment and Services option from the Settings tab to open the list of equipment and services.
- Click Add a Resource in the upper left corner of the page.
- Choose the “Service” resource type from the drop-down list.
- Enter a name to identify the service being added.
- Category: select "Facilities" from the drop-down list.
- Under the Resource Service Duration Settings section, add a Default Duration and Minimum Duration.
- Check "Is Setup Service".
- Select "Duration Reserves Room".
- Click Save.
See the Services article for more detail.
Once the Service is set up, you can add it to the room that should have the setup/teardown window applied every time it is scheduled.
Adding the Setup / Teardown Service to a room
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Select "Rooms".
- Select the Room the Setup/Teardown will be added to.
- Select the Room Configuration it will be added to.
- Click Add Setup/Teardown Service button.
- Click on the Setup/Teardown Service drop-down and select the required Service.