Academic term records (or “semesters”, “sessions” or "quarters") are imported along with your course section data. In addition to the basic defining elements of a term - description, code, start, and end date, etc - there are Ad Astra-specific values that may be configured by administrators to support application features.
Imported Terms and Settings
You must be an Admin user for your institution in order to view the list of imported terms and settings.
- From your profile icon, choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Term Management from the left menu.
- Use the "FInd..." search to find certain terms based on either their description or code.
- "Year…" filter is provided to limit the term list to one or more years so that you don’t have to scroll through many years to find a current term.
- Show Analysis Terms Only toggle will filter the list to show only those terms configured for analysis
- Click on a term to view the Analysis Settings and Term Settings.
A term record must have certain settings configured to allow Align and/or Predict to perform their demand analysis and make recommendations. The analysis settings include:
- Prior Term: major term immediately preceding the term
- Baseline Term: the immediately previous “like” term (term of the same type - e.g. Fall)
- 1 or more (preferably 4+) additional Like Terms
Configuration and Active Status
The configuration status and the active status of your terms are visually indicated on the far right side of the terms list.
Align alone (historical trend analysis) requires at least a Baseline Term and/or additional Like Terms. Terms that have sections in Ad Astra, have not ended, and have these settings configured are considered active for Align analysis.
Predict (using students and pathways) requires the addition of a Prior Term. The most date forward term that has sections in Ad Astra, has student academic history in the Prior Term, and has these settings configured is considered active for Predict analysis.
Align and Predict analysis processes and resulting recommendations are dependent on these term settings. Ad Astra staff will work with you as applicable to configure these settings appropriately.