The Pathway Velocity Dashboard focuses on the analysis of the pathway of your institution selected in the filter on the right-hand side.
The first area of the dashboard included standard information about the pathway and includes the following fields:
- Pathway ID
- Pathway Name
- Student Count
- Credits Required (sum of the credits across the pathway’s course sequence)
- Average Credits Transferred* (number of credits applied to this pathway, not accomplished at this institution)
- Institutional Credits Required* (credits to be taken at the institution, not transferred in)
- (Credits Required) - (Average Credits Transferred)
Institution Metrics Section
Metrics are shared from other dashboards and how these values are calculated is described in the Intro to Degree Velocity Dashboard article.
- Degree Velocity
- Productive Credits/Year
- Productive Ratio
- Total Credits/Year
- Total Velocity
Degree Completion Projections
The Degree Completion Projections visualization estimates how long it takes for the average student to complete their degree in years and in credits.
- Time to Degree: estimates how long it takes for the average student to complete their degree in years.
- Credits to Degree: estimates how long it takes for the average student to complete their degree in credits.
Current Pace (blue bar) shows the average time a student would take to complete this pathway if they continued to take credits towards this pathway in the same way as they have before; same credits attempted and completed per term as before.
Correct Pace (green bar) shows the average time a student would take to complete this pathway if they started to take courses at 100% Degree Velocity; thirty credits per year attempted and completed.
We expect the true completion to be somewhere in the middle; early unproductive credits may skew the current pace longer than reality while a failed class may make the bottom bar unobtainable.