The Enrollment Ratio Evolution by Category report shows enrollment ratio changes over time and how it varies between categories.
Filters default to ‘all’ of that category unless otherwise noted.
- Years (defaults to the past five years)
- Term (defaults to all terms that occurred in the last five years)
- Course/Subject/Course Number
- Section Code
- Meeting Type
- Instructional Method
- Section Status Code
- Days Until Start of Term
Enrollment Ratio Progression by Term Widget
The Enrollment Ratio Progression by Term widget shows how the enrollment ratio progresses through a registration cycle. The y-axis shows how many days until the start of a term, the x-axis shows the enrollment ratio for that specific day. This allows for multiple terms to layer on the same chart, allowing the ability to show patterns over time.
- Left Click
- Click on any spot to apply the ‘days until start of term’ filter.
- This will not affect other widgets but will show what other data is available for that particular offset day.
- To unselect an offset day, click on the ‘clear selection’ icon in the widget heading.
- Slider Bar
- The bar below the bar graph is a good way to zone in on a group that has a lot of items in a category.
- Click and drag the window to move the whole window while retaining its size.
- Drag the right and left bars on either side of the grey window to zoom in.
Standard Deviation of Enrollment Ratio by Grouping Category Widget
The Standard Deviation of Enrollment Ratio by Grouping Category Widget is a chart that helps to identify the categories in which enrollment ratio has the highest degree of variability. i.e. If the campus has the highest standard deviation, this indicates that enrollment ratios differ the most across campuses.
Enrollment Ratio Progression by Campus/College/Department/Division/Part of Term/Instruction Method Widget
This set of six widgets show how the enrollment ratio progresses through a registration cycle for specified categories. The y-axis shows how many days until the start of a term, the x-axis shows the enrollment ratio for that specific day. This allows for multiple categories to layer on the same chart, allowing the ability to show patterns and outliers within categories.
- Left-clicking on a certain offset day will show plot points on each of the six widgets to be able to move from widget to widget and easily find the same time period on each chart.
- The bottom category bar will allow unselecting of undesired categories in order to focus on pertinent ones. Selecting/unselecting these on individual charts will not affect displays of any other widget.