When submitting a Support Center Ticket, there are some items to keep in mind to help our Support Team better assist you. The more specific you are in your request, the easier it is for our Support Team to find the root cause of the issue.
Anyone can open a ticket within the Support Center! No special permission or setup is required. Any user may create a Support Center account and open a ticket by following the steps outlined in the How to Submit and Manage Support Tickets article. Please submit only one issue per ticket unless issues are directly related.
If you are opening a ticket on behalf of another user, however, please include the user's full name within the ticket. You may also copy this user on the ticket so that he or she may participate in the conversation.
We recommend not CC your internal or institutional's helpdesk emails as it gets flagged as spam in our ticketing system if a reply is received from that email, and generally slows our ability to provide a timely resolution.
Information to Include
Please include the following information within your request, as applicable:
- Product: This will be an option in the drop-down menu of the Ticket form.
- Application location examples include the following:
- "I visited "Settings > Rooms > Room Name."
- "I am working on Events > Reservation Number."
- If you have a test site, let us know whether this issue is occurring in your test or production site.
- Frequency and scope of the issue:
- Is this an ongoing issue, or did it just start today?
- Is this impacting one user, all users, etc.? Which user(s)?
- Steps taken to recreate the scenario example includes the following:
- "Within Settings > Users, I attempted to create User X but received a message that this user already exists in the application."
- Screenshots: if the screenshot does not display the entire issue, please provide additional information, for example:
- If you have a custom filter or custom preferences that are specific to your user account, please detail the filter or preferences within the ticket.
- The error message you are receiving: screenshot and copy/paste error message.
- Additional examples: if applicable, add additional examples that may be helpful in the troubleshooting process.
Actions to Take Once Ticket is Submitted
Once your ticket is submitted, a Support Center Agent will begin to investigate your request. Prior to receiving a response from a Support Agent:
- Please do not correct the issue described in the ticket, if applicable. Allow the Support Agent time to see this issue following the steps you provided. If you resolve the issue on your own, it is difficult for the Support Agent to recreate in order to determine the root cause of the issue.
- Please avoid working on the issue at the same time as the Support Agent, as this can cause confusion, for example:
- For import/export concerns in Astra Schedule, please do not manually run the import/export after opening a ticket. This could cause multiple stalled import/export jobs.
Our business hours are Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central. While we are not a 24-hour operation, we will do everything we can to resolve your issue in a timely manner.