To get started, open the Align app to see the list of course seat and section recommendations by term and campus. These recommendations are a combination based on historical enrollment trends and Predict, depending on the blend configured in Settings.
Time Change Candidate
With the addition of student and pathway data, Predict is able to identify an additional candidate that will display in the course list. Time Change Candidates (indicated by a clock) are sections that, when considering only students for whom the course is a requirement, create a high likelihood of conflict with their other required courses.
Predict Demand Recommendations
Click on an individual course to dig in further! Notice that the "Recommendations" section includes a "Predict" column. You can now see the independent recommendations made based on historical trending and Predict.
Want to see the specific students driving the Predict demand recommendation? Click on the Students tab.
Here you’ll see the list of students that Predict sees as needing the course in question to continue to make progress on their Pathway. The list shows the student’s name and ID, with total credits applied to their Pathway, and the Pathway to which they’re associated.
Use the Find...option to find an individual student or narrow the list down to a specific Pathway. You can also use this option to find simulated students by typing in 'Simulated Student'.
The student list initially shows you the list of students with demand for the course/campus combination you selected. However, if you scroll down, you’ll see any additional campuses that have student demand for the course as well.
Student Pathway Progress
You can click on any individual student in the list to view their progress. The "Pathway Completion" tab in the student progress dialog shows the courses and course groups in the Pathway sequence order. It indicates which ones the student either has or hasn’t completed.
Course groups (choices in their Pathway) can be clicked on to expand and view the choices in the group and see which one the student took to satisfy the rule if it was completed.
Green = Completed
The student has completed or registered for the course.
Yellow = Predicted
The analysis predicted the student will register for the course.
The "Student History" tab in the student progress dialog shows the courses taken by the student grouped by term in their history, sorted in descending (most recent first)term order, and indicates which courses are applied to their Pathway. A reason is displayed for courses not applied.
Courses not applied to the pathway could be:
- Course is not on student pathway: the student passed this course but it is not on the pathway
- Course was not applied to pathway: the student passed this course, and it is in the pathway, but another course fulfilled the requirement
- Sis indicated not applicable: the data from the Student Information System has indicated that the course does not count towards a pathway requirement
The "Schedule" tab displays a heatmap that indicates the likelihood and times a student may be busy based on predicted courses. The Predicted Courses, listed at the top of all 3 tabs, are the courses the student is predicted to take based on his or her pathway.
Pathway data can be updated via the Pathways app.
Simulated Student Types
Students can be added to an analysis to mimic incoming freshmen, transfer, and returning class.
- Current Students
- Students that were enrolled in the previous term and still have remaining credits.
- New Students
- Students who are expected to enroll in the institution without existing credits.
- Transfer Students
- Students who are expected to enroll in the institution with only transfer credits.
- Returning Students
- Students that once were enrolled in this institution, were not enrolled in the previous term, but are expected to return.
- Departing Students
- Students who are not expected to return to the institution.