How do I use Setup and Teardown Windows?
There are two ways that setup and teardown windows can be added to an event.
- Adding Setup/Teardown Windows to Event Meetings at the event meeting level.
- Adding a default setup/teardown window to a specific room or resource for every time it is scheduled.
Adding Setup/Teardown Windows to Event Meetings
Be aware that setup and teardown windows will have to be added by a user that has permission in their role to “Edit Events.” These changes would need to be done in the Advanced Event view of an event and be added at the Meeting level.
When creating an event, you will need to click More Options to go to the Advanced Event view in order for the setup and teardown windows to be applied.
- Open the event that needs a setup and teardown window.
- Click on the event meeting that needs a setup and teardown window.
- On the Related Activities tab, click "+ Setup/Teardown Window" and select Setup Window.
- The Setup Window will default to a half-hour window prior to the start of the event. The date and time can be changed!
- A Teardown window will default to begin at the end time of your event meeting and end a half-hour afterward.
- The description of the setup window to make it more informative.
- Save your event.
Some schools will ask their requestors in event request forms if they need setup or teardown time for their event using "Astra Schedule Event Request Form – Multiple Choice Question" and the "Astra Schedule Event Request Form – Long Answer Question" widgets.
- Astra Schedule Event Request Form – Multiple Choice Question
- Astra Schedule Event Request Form – Long Answer Question
Default Setup/Teardown Windows for Rooms
You may have rooms that require setup/teardown windows every time that it is scheduled, such as Room Divider Setup Window for a partitioned room or a Technical Setup for a specialized smart room.
First, you will want to create a set-up service.
- Click on Settings from the main menu.
- Select "Equipment & Services"
- Click "+ Add a Resource" and select "Service"
- Enter a name to identify the service being added. Example: “Room Divider Setup”
- Select Category. Example: “Facilities”
- Check "Is Setup Service".
- Under “Duration Reserves Room”, Add Default Duration and Minimum Duration
Room Divider Service Setup Example:
Now that you have created the Setup Service, you can open the room(s) that should default to having the setup/teardown window applied every time it is scheduled.
- Select the Configuration
- Click Add Setup/Teardown Service.
- Select the Setup/Teardown Service drop-down and click the service that you just built!