Can I remove a building from Astra Schedule? How do I expire rooms in Astra Schedule?
In Astra Schedule, you cannot remove a building that has rooms associated to it. Hence, we do not recommend removing a building from the application. However, if there are circumstances where the building in question will not be open for scheduling, we recommend expiring the rooms within that building.
To expire the rooms –
- Go to the room record by following the path – Settings > Rooms
- Filter rooms by the building
- Click on room you want to edit
- Click on Manage Effective Dates
- Set an expiration date. You don’t need to add a new effective date, just select an expiration date. This must be done for each individual room, as there is no expiration option at the building level.
- Optional Step – After expiring the rooms, you can edit the building settings to check – May Not Schedule and Do Not Optimize. Expiring the rooms should be enough as in the application everything pertaining to schedules is associated at the room level and not building.