I need to add a department as a user with a role. They have their own email and are in the active directory. How can I add the department as a user?
Even though the email is in the Active Directory, as a department does not have a First and Last Name, they are not automatically added as authenticated users in Astra Schedule.
To add a new user you’ll have to follow the path – Settings > Users > Add a User
Let’s take the Technical Support Department as an example.
- Create the user as –
- Username – TechSupport
- First Name – Astra
- Last Name – Technical Support
- Email – email@example.com
- Enter and confirm the password
- Leave Institution-level Authentication unchecked
- Assign the desired/required Security Role for this user
- Save and Close