Release 8.6 (12-20-18)
Momentum Year report
- The application now includes the ability to visualize the results of the Momentum Year calculations from the previous release.
- Once calculated, users can view the percentage of students, by start term, who have completed any one of, or all of the Momentum Year goals.
- An opportunity for mid-year intervention is supported by providing a list of students who did not complete individual goals.
New Momentum Year option
- Institutions can now measure students' first-year progress against their associated Pathway as opposed to just a group of courses.
View all Pathways in a list
- Users can now access all Pathways in the system from a single list, making it much easier to evaluate Pathway-to-Program of Study relationships.
- Helpful data is displayed per Pathway, including statistics to help evaluate the relative course choice complexity that exists within each Pathway.
Clone Pathways across Programs of Study
- Users can now use the "Clone" option to copy a Pathway from one Program of Study to another. This can be very helpful when setting up similar Pathways, or when establishing a general education or meta-major core that applies to more than one Program of Study.
"Top Candidates" in Analysis Results now use Planner Analysis when available
- When Planner Analysis using Pathways is performed in Platinum Analytics, the Top Candidates presented in the results are now informed by the Planner Analysis demand.
Velocity and Completion data is calculated for students
- The analysis process now automatically calculates various Velocity and Completion values per student and displays averages per Program of Study.
- Values include total Velocity and Productive Velocity (progress against Pathway), % of velocity against a standardized goal, Estimated Time to Completion. Additionally, Time to Completion and On Time Graduation Rate is calculated using graduated student data when available.
Student Plans include additional data
- The Student Plan Summary information is updated to display some Velocity information as a comparison to the model represented by the plan. The Student Plan assumes an ideal load, whereas Velocity and Estimated Time to Completion is based, to some extent, upon past performance.
- The My Events check box in the Activities List widget follows the user who created the widget's permissions instead of the logged in user.
- Excel Implementation Import: resources have no status and do not appear on reports.
- Role permission appears to be ignored for view/edit event type.
- User with permissions to "Manage Event Request Forms" does not have the option to manage them from the events tab.
- Performance issues for user accounts that have "view access" or 'guest' roles.
Release 8.5.2 (11-01-18)
- Sorting by room returns different results in the Scheduler.
- Conflict Hover does not allow you to click the link in the Scheduler.
- Rooms showing available when they are already scheduled.
- The capacity filter does not show rooms for the exact number noted in the “between” area.
Release 8.5.1 (10-12-18)
Release 8.5.0 (9-25-18)
Weekly Section Grid
- In the Platinum Analytics Smart Schedule Sandbox, users are now able to access a weekly grid displaying the spread of section meetings for a given term, campus, and course.
Smart Schedule Sandbox Enhancements
- Smart Schedule Sandbox users are now able to view and edit sections imported without meeting records.
- A section's delivery method can now be edited in the Smart Schedule Sandbox along with other section changes.
- When a section is added or is opened for editing, the user can now select "cancel" to back out of the section and cancel the changes made.
- For the new Banner fields added in the 8.3 release for Banner integration purposes, when users edit those specific fields, they are now able to see not only the codes for possible choices but also the descriptions for those codes. This enhancement will help to make sure end users understand which codes they are selecting.
- When a term is rolled forward, part-of-term values are updated and carried forward into the new term.
- When the Smart Schedule Sandbox is created, the part-of-term field is populated with the new part-of-term value. Additionally, the field can be edited, where possible part-of-term options are only those applying for the section's term.
Momentum Year reporting
- The application now includes the ability to report on "Momentum Year" progress for a student's first year.
- A process calculates and stores students’ progress against first-year momentum configurable metrics that are shown to be key indicators of student success:
- Completion of an English gateway course.
- Completion of a Math gateway course.
- Progress against other core requirements (e.g. 9 hours of other gen ed requirements).
- Overall progress toward degree hours (e.g. 30 hours total).
- VCalendarActivities view omitting section meetings without room assignments.
- In the Scheduler, doesn't show accurate enrollment value for section.
- In the Scheduler, room search not limiting results to rooms available in the building and campus selected prior to Rooms. Sometimes nothing will show up at all when trying to select specific rooms for the filter.
- Show Only Available Rooms Not Functioning Properly in the Scheduler.
- Unable to Export All Pages to Excel on the Section list.
- Room select doesn't obey the filter on the Section list.
- View Meetings filter not working on the Section list.
- On the Section list, when clicking the export all pages to Excel or HTML you get a 500 internal server error.
- Roles: selecting event scheduler groups - Not in alphabetical order, no keyword search.
- Roles: calendar Security Profile drop-down displays all calendar types.
- Roles: request Events role security setting does not allow scrolling if there are a large number of request forms.
- SAML Configuration: Azure does not encrypt assertions.
- Application behavior problems after upgrade unless you clear cache.
- Screen load times are slow.
Release 8.4.1 (8-02-18)
- Cannot delete a term if there are sandbox sections created.
- Terms duplicated by campus on the import job form.
- The section list is sometimes not populating when the list is too large.
- Clear All and Show Current Filter are displaying on top of each other after search.
Release 8.4.0 (6-14-18)
Smart Schedule Sandbox Editing Updates
- Security update: The Academic Sections view, edit, and delete permissions are now also applied to the editing of Smart Schedule Sandbox sections. This impacts access to the Course Recommendations action buttons, the Add Course and Section buttons, and the Section/Meeting additions, deletions, fields, rooms, instructors, and preferences.
- A user may now add, edit, and delete preferences in Smart Schedule Sandbox sections.
- A user may now edit the Delivery Method for sections in the Smart Schedule Sandbox.
- After publishing a Smart Schedule Sandbox to production, sections become view-only.
- For customers using Pathways, Platinum Analytics now includes the ability to drill into a single student to see how they’re progressing against their Pathway requirements. See a student in the system you want to learn more about? Click on their name to see their progress summary, how completed courses are applied to the Pathway, and remaining courses planned through estimated completion.
Scheduling Grid Shading
- A new shade is now being displayed on the Scheduling Grids. If a user does not have 'Request' or 'Schedule' permission for certain spaces, then when viewing the Scheduling Grid those spaces will be shaded a light gray color. This provides the user with a visual queue that he/she cannot drag and drop within the calendar due to their permissions.
- Unable to edit rooms with a space in the room number field.
- Editing a room with numbers and dashes in the room number causes a "Failed Verification!" error.
- Browser Compatibility: Firefox browser has various compatibility issues with AS8.
Release 8.3.2 (5-18-18)
- The web service export is generating an error after publishing an optimizer sandbox.
Release 8.3.1 (4-20-18)
- Section imports fail (rather than drop room assignment) when importing to an expired room.
- Real-Time import job fails on the first check in the morning.
Release 8.3.0 (3-15-18)
Support for multiple instructors, "primary" instructor, and percent responsible
- In both the Smart Schedule Sandbox and in production sections, users can now assign multiple instructors to a meeting, flag one as the primary instructor, and optionally allocate a percentage of responsibility.
Enhanced Section Editing in Smart Schedule Sandbox
- Add new courses and sections to the schedule, add and delete meetings, and change meeting types. Enhancements to filters for analyzed courses are also included.
Ability to Publish the Smart Schedule Sandbox to Production
- Authorized users can publish sections from a Smart Schedule Sandbox to their production section list.
Enhanced section integration for Ellucian Banner
- New Banner-specific section and meeting fields are now available for import and export.
- Optional end-to-end scheduling support for Ellucian Banner clients with new features:
- Database and import support for additional section and meeting fields required to create sections:
- SIS Status
- Section Shift Code
- Projected Enrollment
- SIS Meeting Type
- Weekly Contact Hours
- Meeting Contact Hours
- Meeting Indicator
- Banner API export of sections from the production section list - updated to include new fields.
- Database and import support for additional section and meeting fields required to create sections:
- Add Scheduling Preferences report as a standard report that deploys with the application.
- Report Subscriptions show sub-report parameters.
Release 8.2.1 (1-16-18)
- LDAP Configuration Form: LDAP Groups not showing.
- When clicking the Excel icon in Sandboxes to export data, receive ErrorCode 1000 message.
- Setup/RoleForm: role permission to schedule resource groups pulls approval not resource groups.
- Added Columns to list pages are not saving.