A user consists of login and other general identifying information, as well as associated roles through which application access and security is achieved. Every user record has a corresponding people record. When a user is created, the corresponding people record is generated automatically with “user” selected as a system responsibility.
To view the list of users:
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select Users.
- Click the user's name to view details.
To add a new user:
- Click Add a User from the main user list window. A new user form will appear.
- Enter a Username for the new user. The Username must be unique.
- Enter the first and last name for the user.
- Enter an email address for the user. The email address must be unique.
- Enter and confirm a password for the user. If LDAP or SSO is being used, this is not the password the user will use to authenticate. They will use the password from their institution credentials.
- If desired, check the box next to “Must Change Password Next Login” if the user should be forced to change their password upon next login. This only applies to users without LDAP or SSO.
- If SSO/LDAP/Active Directory authentication is enabled, you may choose to remove the user from SSO/LDAP authentication by removing the check next to Authenticate via LDAP or SSO. Additionally, you may choose to have the user authenticated via LDAP but not update their role information from LDAP by removing the check next to Sync Roles with LDAP Groups. See LDAP/Active Directory Authentication for more information.
- In the section below labeled Security Roles, click the + icon and then select the role(s) appropriate for the user being created. Best practice is one or two roles.
- Click Save.