Ad Astra is committed to providing quality products, services, and support in an effort to promote clients’ success in achieving their business objectives and graduating more students faster. To that end, we are committed to continuous product improvements that will optimize your users’ experience that will be released in new versions of the software. In order to best meet your needs, we encourage you to stay on a current release of the software and experience these benefits.
Ad Astra will provide Full product support for a period of one year after the date on which any given release was made Generally Available (i.e. “8.1.x”).
At the end of the Full support period, Limited support is provided for an additional year.
End of Support (EOS) is the date after which all support options other than self-service are discontinued.
This policy is subject to change at any time. Any changes to this policy will be announced via official company communication medium.
Ad Astra reserves the right to discontinue software products or versions based upon product obsolescence or advancement of newer releases.
Support Life Cycle Definitions
- New Release
- A software release that is in progress and being actively developed and therefore may include new features and enhancement requests in addition to bug fixes.
- Full Support
- Provided a maintenance subscription is current, Full Support is provided for one year after the first Generally Available (GA) date for any given feature release.
- Products in this support phase receive full support services, including phone and email support agent access and bug fixes.
- Limited Support
- Provided a maintenance subscription is current, Limited Support is provided during the second year of a product release.
- Products in this support phase receive technical support agent access, but do not receive fixes that require application code changes.
- A software release upgrade may be required to resolve issues for products in Limited Support.
- End of Support (EOS)
- All products are in End of Support phase after 2 years following their GA date.
- All support options other than self-support are discontinued.
- Provided a maintenance subscription is current, upgrades to newer versions are still available*.
*Charges may apply for related services depending on upgrade.
Support Features and Phases
|Support Provided||Support Phase|
|New Features and Enhancements||Yes||No||No||No|
|Prioritized Bug Fixes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Access to Help website||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Support Dates by Release
|Release||1st GA Release||End of Full Support||End of Support|
6/30/19 **extended to occur after the AS8 release