The job record defines the job mode, the specific import or export rules to be used, and the campus and term filter to be applied to the data. Once defined, jobs may be run manually and/or scheduled to run automatically, depending on the job mode.
Batch jobs may be run manually or on a schedule.
Realtime jobs do not have a manual option and must be scheduled.
On-Demand jobs do not have a scheduling option and run automatically when active.
The Active flag is set at the job schedule level for batch and real-time jobs, but at the job level for on-demand jobs.
Viewing Created Jobs
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Select Import/Export Management
Each record on the list can be viewed by clicking on its name, and may be edited or deleted by clicking the icons to the right of the job entry. The list displays the job name, the configuration file associated with the job, the job mode, the date the job was last executed, the active status of the job, and the completion status of the job.
Best Practices for SIS integrations (not text file) are to have 4 jobs:
- Batch Section Import
- Real-Time Section Import
- Batch Section Export
- Real-Time Section Export
The Batch Section Import should run every weekday in the morning before the workday, and the Batch Section Export should run every weekday at the end of the workday to capture all room assignment changes.
The Real-Time Section Import can be set up to run every 10-15 minutes each week day to capture section changes in the SIS throughout the day, and the Real-Time Section Export simply needs to be active.
All 4 of these jobs should have the same terms configured. It is also best practice to remove a term from the jobs once it has ended.
The status of any Import or Export Job is reflected both on the job list page and on the job form. The following job statuses are possible:
- Completed: completed successfully as configured.
- Running: currently running.
- Completed with Warning: completed and encountered warnings along the way. This includes invalid meeting patterns, canceled sections, and dropped rooms.
- Completed with Error: completed, but encountered errors along the way. If this occurs, submit a Technical Support case.
- Scheduled: submitted and will execute and a later time.
- Unscheduled: new and has no associated schedule.