People records are added to the system automatically in two ways: instructors with academic section records and users signing in via LDAP authentication. Other contacts may be added manually at any time.
A user must be created initially from the Users page. See the User Overview article for more information. If this user needs to be a customer contact as well, navigate to the People link and modify the record.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select People.
- Click Add a Person.
- Specify the basic contact information in the Person Info box at the top of the form.
- Select a Primary Responsibility from the drop-down list. This will be the responsibility shown on the people list page and determines which homepage the person will see, if they are user.
- Click the + icon on the Responsibilities list and select all responsibilities with which the person is associated, including the Primary Responsibility.
Certain responsibilities have other information that may be recorded or viewed (i.e. customer associations and user information). Whether or not these other elements are available on the person’s record is dependent on the corresponding responsibility options being checked.
- If the person is a customer contact for events, you may associate them with a customer by clicking on the Associate New Contact Select the associated customer using the drop-down menu and enter any contact information that is unique to their association with the customer. Click Save and Close to save the customer contact information and return to the person’s record.
- Click Save to add the person to the system and return to the list.