Equipment includes resources that can be scheduled like A/V components, furniture, computers, sporting goods, etc.
Add New Equipment Item
- Click the Equipment and Services option from the Settings tab. The list of equipment and services is displayed.
- Click Add a Resource in the upper left corner of the page.
- Choose the “Equipment” resource type from the drop-down list.
- Enter a name to identify the equipment being added.
- Select a resource category from the drop-down list.
- To associate one or more group tags with the item, click the Add button, choose the appropriate tag from the drop-down list, and then click Ok.
- Enter a text description for the equipment item.
- Specify a quantity to indicate the number of these items available to be simultaneously scheduled.
- Click Save to create your equipment item, or continue on to configure additional optional details.
- The “Active” box is checked by default and the expiration is set to “Never”. If you’d like to set an expiration date, click the calendar icon and choose a date from the calendar.
- Check the box labeled “Require Confirmation” if you wish to require that this item be confirmed for use regardless of the scheduling permissions of the user making the request.
- If there is a quantity specified, you may check the “Track Individual Items” box. A list of individual items will appear on the form for which you can record identifying information. Use the edit icon next to each item to enter specific information. When a reservation is made, a requestor can simply request a single item. Once scheduled, the system will keep track of which items are reserved for tracking purposes.
- You may optionally add an image file to represent the equipment item. Uploaded image files are stored in the Astra Schedule database and are sized automatically to be appropriate for use in the application.
- In the Equipment Details panel enter any detailed information about the equipment that you wish to track.
- To restrict the usage of the item to specific locations, click the Add Location button in the section labeled Restrict to Location. Select the appropriate location from the list and click Ok.
- You may optionally associate setup and/or teardown services with the resource item. If a setup or teardown service is associated with the item, then when it is scheduled the reservation will also include the service for the duration specified.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Add Set Up or Teardown Service
To add a setup or teardown service and duration to a resource:
- Click the Add Setup/Teardown Service button in the Setup Teardown section of the resource form. The service properties dialogue box will appear.
- Use the filter choices at the top to find and select the setup or teardown service you would like to add to the resource item. Only services flagged as “setup” or “teardown” will appear on the list.
- Specify the duration for the service, if different than the default.
- Add a description if desired.
- Click Ok to associate the service to the resource.