Select the Buildings option from the Resources section of the Settings tab to view the list of buildings in the application. To narrow the list being displayed, enter filter criteria and click on the Search button. Once the desired results are displayed you may view additional details about a specific building by clicking on the building name.
General building information includes basic defining data such as the campus, building name, building code (if applicable), address, description, building contact name, and building status. In addition to general information, certain options may be set and applied to all rooms within the specific building.
- May Not Schedule - This option removes all rooms in the building from available room searches.
- Arranged Section - This option makes all rooms in the building available for sections marked as “Arranged”. This is used primarily when a room is needed as a room of record even when the meeting pattern is not complete for the section records in question.
- Do Not Optimize - This option removes all rooms as possible scheduling choices during room assignment optimization.
HVAC Zones and Departments associated with the building appear following the general building information. Finally, any custom, user-defined fields being utilized, and any special notes are displayed.
- From the buildings list page, click the Add a Building
- Specify the building information on the new building form.
- Enter Name
- Select Campus
- Select User Name
The Username field is used to define a contact for this building, but it is not seen anywhere other than on this page. The Status is used to indicate if the building is currently being used, but it is also not seen anywhere other than on this page.
- Select Status
- Enter Building Code - Building Code = Building code from the Student Information System.
- Enter a SISKey value for the Building if this Building will need to be referenced during imports. Building SISkey = Concatenation of Campus SISKey and Building Code from the Student Information System - campus code_building code.
- Enter other information as desired.
- Add any HVAC Zones for the building you are creating and specify the zone parameters.
- Select any departments that are associated with the building.
- Provide information in notes or for any custom fields that have been defined for building records.
- Click Save.
- Select a building from the building list.
- Make any necessary changes to the building information.
- Click Save.