Notification Groups include groups of users (and/or outside addressees) to whom notifications are sent when specific event requests are approved and created, or when certain rooms or resources are scheduled. Notification Groups are intended to keep people informed by generating messages when the scheduling status of the item(s) in question has changed.
Add Notification Groups
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Approval and Notification Groups.
- Click Add a Group.
- Select Notification from the drop-down list.
- Click Add Group.
- Enter a name for the group.
Be sure to use the format 'Notification - Sample Group' to differentiate whether it is an approval or notification group (e.g., Notification - Classrooms).
- In the "Users" section, you can select any existing Astra Schedule users so they can receive notifications in their notification list. Click Add User and select from a list of application users.
- The "Email Address" section allows you to add email addresses that will be emailed the notification.
- Click Add Email Address
- Enter the person’s email address and contact name.
- Click Add to add them to the group.
- To add rooms to the notification group:
- Click Add Rooms
- Using the filter panel to find and choose a room.
- Click Ok to add the room to the list.
- Repeat as needed
- To add Event Form/Resource Group Assignments to the notification group:
- Click the + icon and select from the available options.
- Click Done to add the selections to the list.
- Click "Save" to return to the Approver/Notification Group list.