Users may configure event request forms to limit event meeting requests to a specific date range. For example, depending on how the dates are defined within the form, this feature can be used in the following ways:
- Establish a cutoff date for event requests (e.g. meetings can be requested for any date between now and the start of Fall semester).
- Create a delayed start date for event request (e.g. meetings may not be requested for dates before the end of Spring semester).
- Define a future date range during which meetings may be requested (e.g. meetings may only be requested for next Summer).
Once date restrictions are configured for a form, those dates are enforced at the time of event request. If any requested meeting falls outside of the date range, the request is prevented and an on-screen validation warning is displayed for the requestor.
Example validation message when attempting to request a meeting outside of the date range:
To configure an event request form to include date restrictions:
- Click the Event Request Forms option in the Events Admin section of the Events tab.
- Click the edit icon on an existing form, or click Add a Form.
- Find the "Date allowed for meeting requests" section of the form.
- Click the calendar icon and select a start and end date for the range.
- When completed, save your form.
How do I remove this feature after dates have already been selected?
Hi Nicole Taggart,
If you want to remove the dates in the "Dates allowed for meeting requests" section, there will be an X next to the calendar icon and that will clear the date. The start date and end date must be removed in order to save appropriately.
Please sign in to leave a comment.