Users may configure event request forms to limit event meeting requests to a specific date range. For example, depending on how the dates are defined within the form, this feature can be used in the following ways:
- Establish a cutoff date for event requests (e.g. meetings can be requested for any date between now and the start of Fall semester).
- Create a delayed start date for event request (e.g. meetings may not be requested for dates before the end of Spring semester).
- Define a future date range during which meetings may be requested (e.g. meetings may only be requested for next Summer).
Once date restrictions are configured for a form, those dates are enforced at the time of event request. If any requested meeting falls outside of the date range, the request is prevented and an on-screen validation warning is displayed for the requestor.
Example validation message when attempting to request a meeting outside of the date range:
To configure an event request form to include date restrictions:
- Click the Event Request Forms option in the Events Admin section of the Events tab.
- Click the edit icon on an existing form, or click Add a Form.
- Find the "Date allowed for meeting requests" section of the form.
- Click the calendar icon and select a start and end date for the range.
- When completed, save your form.