Approver Groups are groups of users to whom event, room, and/or resource requests are routed for approval. Each Approver Group can include one or more users and one or more specific event request forms, rooms, or resource groups. When a request is routed from a specific request form or for a specific room or resource, all users in the appropriate Approver Group will receive a request entry in their Notification List. Only one user is required to approve the request.
To create a new Approver Group:
- Click either the Events or Settings tab.
- Click Approvals and Notification Groups.
- A list of Approver/Notification Groups is displayed.
- Click Add a Group.
- Select Approver from the drop-down list
- Click OK.
- Enter a Name for the group.
- Click Add User to browse a list of application users.
- Select a user from the drop-down list.
- Click Save to add them to the user list on the Approver Group form.
- Repeat as needed.
- To setup an approver for an Event Request Form, click the + button on the Event Form section and place a check in the box next to any event form that should be able to be approved by users in this group.
- To setup an approver for a room or group of rooms, click the Add Rooms button. Choose if you want to group by Region or Building and select your Campus, Building/Region, and individual Rooms. You can stop at any one of the drop down menus, depending on the level of granularity you want in your Approver Group.
- To setup an approver for a resource or group of resources, click the + button on the Resource Group section and place a check in the box next to any resource group that should be able to be approved by users in this group.
- Click Save.