The Astra Schedule event workflow definition defines the possible event statuses and the conditions under which they are allowed. Editing the event status for an event reflects the scheduler's desired status. The workflow rules will determine whether or not that status is possible and then display the current state of the event. In many cases, a user setting the event status will result in a workflow state that matches their selection. (i.e. the user sets the status to "Scheduled" and the event, in fact, indicates that it is "Scheduled") However, there are times when the user's intended status may not yet be possible, and the workflow state will be out of sync with the selection. (i.e. the user sets the status to "Scheduled" but a requested room or resource must first be approved, therefore the status is set to "Incomplete") The workflow system can be configured to be as simple or as complex as needed depending on your institution's business practices. See the Event Workflow for more information.
Edit Event Status
- Open an event record you would like to edit.
- Click the change status button.
- Select the desired status from the drop-down menu. The status field will be updated to indicate the desired change.
- Schedule: Status will be "Scheduled", indicating all required fields are filled out and no approvals are needed.
- Tentative: Status will be "Tentative". The room will show as booked on the calendar/grid but can be scheduled/requested during that time by another user as the rooms and resources are not reserved. No notifications are triggered from this status.
- Pending: Status will be "Pending". The room will show as booked on the calendar/grid and cannot be scheduled during that time by another user.
- Cancel: Status will be "Canceled" and the room(s) and resource(s) will be dropped from all meetings. There are 3 statuses that are only triggered by the workflow: Incomplete, Requested, and Declined.
- Incomplete: This status indicates there is either a required field missing, an approval needed at the room or resource level, or the event is double booked by a user that does not have double book permissions. Once the issue is resolved and saved, the event status will switch to "Scheduled".
- Requested: This status is only for events for that have been submitted through the event request form. The event can be updated from the event list or approved from the notification list. It is best practice to approve/decline the event from the notification list when it has a status of "Requested". You cannot delete an event with the status of "Requested".
- Declined: This status indicates that the event was submitted through the event request form and declined via the notification list.
- Click Save. If the selected status is possible based on your defined rules and the current state of the event, the status will update. Otherwise, it may stop at a different status pending another change to the event.