When you are satisfied with your instructor optimization results you may publish your changes back to your production section file (with appropriate user permissions).
Before publishing to production, Astra Schedule double checks the results against your production section file for the following possible publishing issues:
- Changes to production room assignments have created conflicts with the sandbox room assignments
- Changes to production room controls have impacted room scheduling
If either situation is encountered, the application will display a list of the sections affected and the issue that is preventing them from being updated. You may ignore the issues and choose to publish everything except conflicts, or cancel the operation.
- Click the Prepare to Publish button at the top of the sandbox results window. The system will review production assignments and controls and gather any conflict information.
- If no conflicts are found, the system will display a confirmation message. Click Yes to continue and publish the sandbox sections.
- If the system identifies any conflicts with production data, those conflicts are displayed for review.
- Only non-conflicting section changes can be published OR cancel and continue to edit the sandbox results.