Room configurations are unique physical layouts that may be scheduled for a given room. A room has a default configuration (required) and any number of other possible configurations. The default configuration is automatically scheduled unless an alternate configuration is specifically requested by an activity for a special purpose. Rooms with multiple configurations are most commonly used for event scheduling. For example, the default configuration for a room may be tablet arm chairs with seating for 50, but alternatively it could be set up with circular tables and seating for 25.
The configuration of a room includes the following details:
- Configuration name - required field
- Layout type (provided from defined list of standardized types for your institution) - required field
- Capacity - required field
- Setup time
- Teardown time
- Room image
- Default flag
To add an alternate configuration to a room:
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click on Rooms.
- Click on the room record you would like to modify.
- In the Configurations section of the edit form, click Add Configuration.
- Specify the name of the new configuration.
- Select a Facility Layout from the list.
- Enter the scheduling capacity for the configuration.
- Optionally specify setup and/or teardown times required for this configuration. These times will be added to any reservation made for the room in this configuration.
- Optionally provide a text description of the configuration.
- Optionally upload an image of the room.
- Select the Set as Default Configuration option if you would like to replace the default configuration with this one.
- Click Ok.
- Click Save on the room edit form.
Learn about room modifications here.