Room configurations are unique physical layouts that may be scheduled for a given room. A room has a default configuration (required) and any number of other possible configurations. The default configuration is automatically scheduled unless an alternate configuration is specifically requested by an activity for a special purpose. Rooms with multiple configurations are most commonly used for event scheduling. For example, the default configuration for a room may be tablet arm chairs with seating for 50, but alternatively, it could be set up with circular tables and seating for 25. Learn About Room Modifications.
The configuration of a room includes the following details:
- Configuration name - required field
- Layout type (provided from the defined list of standardized types for your institution) - required field
- Capacity - required field
- Setup time
- Teardown time
- Room image
- Default flag
Add Alternate Configurations
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click on Rooms.
- Click on the room record you would like to modify.
- In the Configurations section of the edit form, click Add Configuration.
- Specify the name of the new configuration.
- Select a Facility Layout from the list.
- Enter the scheduling capacity for the configuration.
- Optionally specify setup and/or teardown times required for this configuration. These times will be added to any reservation made for the room in this configuration.
- Optionally provide a text description of the configuration.
- Optionally upload an image of the room.
- Select the Set as Default Configuration option if you would like to replace the default configuration with this one.
- Click Ok.
- Click Save on the room edit form.