The Facility Layout Type is a room configuration field that describes the type of room configuration(s) associated with a room. The field is used to help adhere to your institution’s standard room layout naming conventions and for requesting certain types of rooms during scheduling. This is a required field that must always be filled in when creating a room. The Facility Layout can be found in the Configuration of a room.
The Facility Layout Type list must be manually configured before the field is available for use when editing room records:
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the Master List option.
- Select Facility Layouts from the drop-down list. The list of Facility Layout Types are displayed.
- Click Add.
- Enter a new Facility Layout Type name and click OK.
- The new Room Type entry will appear on the list.