The Notification List is the destination for system generated messages to Astra Schedule users triggered by workflow rules. This includes all request notifications (approvals for events, rooms, and resources) as well as room, resource, and event request form usage notifications. Also, it's possible to be receive a notification in the list when an import or export job encounters errors.
Instead of sending an email message automatically each time a notification is sent to a user, the system adds the notification to the list. Users can visit the list to manage their notifications and/or subscribe to the list to get immediate or periodic email updates about their list activity.
To view the notification list, click on Notification List from the Events, Academics, or Resources tabs.
The Notification List page will display any notifications sent either directly to you or to a group to which you belong (e.g. an approver group).
The following filter options may be used to help navigate the list:
- Group by Activity: groups the notification list by the parent activity (section or event) that generated the notifications. This is especially helpful when working with sections or events that have requests on multiple days.
- Type: displays only Section or Event related notifications, and/or only notifications related to event, room, or resource requests.
- Is Notification: displays either notifications (e.g. notification of room use) or request approvals (e.g. event requests and room or resource requests).
- Is Active: displays either active or inactive notifications. Inactive notifications are those that have been either dismissed or acted upon.
Best practice for managing the notification list is to save a default filter to display your active requests.
Working with Notifications
The action icons (approve, decline, more information needed) are only visible where approvals are needed.
Likewise, the "Show Details" icon is only provided for event requests. Click this icon to view the details of the request.
The event request form will open in a pop-up window showing the information that was provided on the form at the time of the request.
Hover over the event details icon for any applicable notification to view details of an event. This is most useful for room and resource notifications, when you would like to see the activity that is utilizing the room or resource.
Subscribe to the Notification List
When subscribing to the list, the options include:
- Once: sends a message at a certain time for the selected day and range.
- Every: sends a message at a regular interval for the specified time period, day, and range.
- Daily: every x days, or every weekday.
- Weekly: every x weeks on selected days of the week.
- Monthly: day x of specified months.
- Yearly: month and day during the year.
- Start Date: date on which subscription settings will begin
- End After: # of occurrences
- End Date: date on which subscription settings will end
- No End Date: subscription settings will run continually as long as is active
To configure list subscription options:
- Click the Notification List option on the Events tab.
- Click My Preferences at the top of the Notifications List page.
- Click New.
- On the job Schedule window, select and configure a time frequency for the subscription.
- Select and configure a day pattern for the subscription.
- Specify the date range for the subscription.
- Click OK to add the schedule to the subscription list on the form.
- Click Save.