The event record "owner" determines who has access to the event. The owner field is automatically set upon event creation and event approval. However, the owner value may be edited in order to hand an event off to another user.
Event access may be configured in several different ways:
- Basic: event users may manage only those events they created, if Limit to My Events is checked in the user's role.
- Event Scheduler Group event users may manage events they created, plus events created by other users that are members of their group.
- Administrator: user may manage all events, regardless of owner.
In order to edit the owner value, you must have access to the event in the first place. Additionally, if you change the owner and do not have access to that owner's events, you may lose access to the record.
To edit the event owner:
- Find an event you would like to edit on the list page or from some other access point.
- Click to open the event.
- Use the Owner drop-down menu to select the new owner from the list.
- Click Save.