In some cases when creating an event, the desired location may be more important than a specific time. If during initial event creation, the room you want is not available at the time you specified, you can easily search for open times and choose an alternative.
- Begin the process to create a single event, enter time and date information, and then search for your desired room using the drop-down menu. When a room is already booked at the time selected, "unavailable" appears next to the room.
- Select the desired, unavailable room from the list.
- Click the Find a Time icon (clock) to explore available time options for the selected room.
- The selected room's weekly schedule is displayed for review. Your event time is shown in gray.
- You may click and drag the entire meeting to a new time and/or date.
- You may also drag the end time to change the duration of the event.
- Click Ok to return to the Create Event form.
- The new time and date will be updated automatically, and the room will no longer have (unavailable) after the room number and name. Continue with event creation as normal.