The Same Time Link feature is similar to cross-listing, except that having the same room assignment is not required. This section-level option is designed to support things like interactive TV course offerings that must meet at the same time, but one section may be attending a live lecture while the other is watching it on a video stream on a different campus. The system will keep times in sync for these sections, whether manually editing meeting times, or automatically assigning times in a Timetabling sandbox.
Edit Same Time Link
- Click the Academics tab.
- Select Sections.
- Open the section to be edited.
- Find and expand the Same Time Info panel near the center of the section form.
- Click Create New to configure a new Same Time Link from scratch. Enter a Same Time Link unique ID in the window and select the other sections with which the section should be linked, then click
- Click Join Existing to add the section to an existing Same Time Link. Select the applicable Same Time Link ID from the list and click
- The Undo Link option removes a section from the Same Time Link and any time.
- Save changes to your section.