Different versions of the Available Rooms tool may be defined to provide the desired level of visibility into campus locations for users. Individual Available Rooms definitions can be restricted to certain locations on campus, or to certain types of equipment and services.
Once Available Rooms definitions have been created, they can be associated with the View Calendars permission within a user role to provide access as needed. Users with calendar access but no specific Available Rooms definitions applied to their role will have access to an unrestricted, fully functional search tool.
- Click the Calendar or Settings tab.
- Select Manage Calendars.
- Click Add Calendar Definition.
- Select Search.
- Enter a Name for Available Rooms and Resource Tool.
- Enter a Description.
Location and Resource Restrictions
Filter options can be added to restrict searches by specific locations or resources.
- Restrict by Location: to associate certain buildings, regions, or rooms with the definition. Searches will be restricted to these locations.
- Restrict by Resources: to associate certain resource categories, groups, or individual items with the definition. Searches will be restricted to these resources.
- Click Save to save your settings and add the calendar to the list of available calendars.