- Click the Academics tab.
- Select Terms.
- Click Add a Term at the top of the terms list page.
- Enter a term Name (display name). This is the term name that will be displayed throughout the application.
- Select a Term Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter a start and end date for the term by either typing the date into the date field or by using the date selection tool.
It is best practice to include the earliest start date that is included in your term. For example, if you have early start classes that begin January 23, but your regular classes do not start until January 26, enter January 23 as the start date.
- Choose a default room scheduling preference set from the drop-down list, if desired.
Preferences associated with the selected set will be the default room scheduling preferences used for course offerings during the term.
- Enter the term's SIS Key, or term code, associated with course offerings for this term (import name). This field should match the term code used in your SIS.
- New terms are "active" by default. Optionally remove the Active check mark to disable this term for use within the application. If this box is not checked then the term will not yet be available for viewing and selection within the system.
- Choose all campuses on which the term is valid by clicking the + button (Add items) and selecting the boxes next to any campuses associated with this term.
- Enter any notes you would like to record about this term record.
- If applicable, either select a term group from the list or define a term group using the Terms in Group option.
- Click Save and Close to save the term record and return to the list. The new term will appear on the list and is now available for importing course offerings.
Exam sessions, exam meetings, and exam times are also configured from within the term record. For more information related to exam creation, see the Exam Overview article.