You may use the Scheduling Grids to easily create new events using the Create Event form if you have Edit Events permissions in your user role. This option is designed to be a convenient way to quickly generate an event when you want to first identify a space and time using the grids. To facilitate the event creation process, the Event form automatically detects the time, date, and filters your room selection to match the grid view.
To create a new event directly from a grid:
- Click the Calendar tab.
- Select Scheduling Grid.
- Find the room to create an event in.
- Open the Create Events screen using 1 of 3 ways
- Click the Add Event button in the upper right corner OR
- Click a time on the grid OR
- On the grid, click and drag the duration of the meeting time.
- When the Event form opens, enter an event name.
- Adjust the times and dates if needed.
- The room is populated based on your click and drag selection. Change the room by clicking choosing a room in the drop-down list.
- Select an Event Type from the drop-down list.
- Select a Contact from the drop-down list. The Customer field will populate automatically based on your selection in the Contact field.
- Click Save to save and return to the calendar.
Learn more about creating events here.