Custom search or filters can be created if the Scheduling Grid being viewed allows. The schedule grid definition includes settings that determine whether or not the custom filter panel is available, and what options are provided. Filter types and the choices within each type may be limited. Clicking the search toggle button will expand the filter panel.
A keyword search field and various filter choices are available within the filter panel. Keyword search options can include subject, course number, section number, and section title for sections, and event name and reservation number for events. For individual filter choices, use the + button, if provided, to select one or more filter items from the list. Otherwise, you may toggle filter items on and off by removing or adding the checkmark. Filter items may be permanently removed by using the red X. Finally, you may use the "not equal to" option to the right of each filter type to eliminate certain choices.
Click Search to update the grid results. When finished, click the search toggle button to hide the filter panel.
Favorite filters may be saved to be used at a later time. The saved filter toolbar is included at the top of the filter panel.
When filter selections are made, the saved filter tool will display "custom" to indicate that manual filtering is being applied.
Save Filter Selections
- Select the filter options you would like to save in the filter panel.
- Click the save button in the saved filter toolbar.
- Enter a name for your saved filter.
- Place a check in the box labeled "Set as Default Filter" if you would like the saved filter to be applied by default when visiting the page.
- Click OK to save the filter. The saved filter is now available for selection using the drop-down menu on the saved filter toolbar. You may edit or remove saved filters using the manage filters option on the saved filter toolbar.