To add a new holiday or announcement record to the system:
- Click the Events tab.
- Select Add Holiday/Announcement.
Holiday/Announcements can also be accessed in the Settings tab.
- Enter a name for the new holiday or announcement.
- Optionally, enter a description for the holiday or announcement.
- Choose a start date and end date. You may either type a date in the date field or click the calendar icon to choose a date.
- If desired, click the View Affected Events button to see a list of events that conflict with the date(s) entered.
- Check the box next to Announcement if the item being created is a calendar announcement and not a holiday. If this option is checked, then the View Affected Events button and the check boxes to allow sections and/or events are no longer available.
- Check the box next to Sections Meet on Holiday if course offerings may still be scheduled during the date(s) specified. If you do not check this box, all sections will be cancelled for the date(s).
- Check the box next to Allow Event Scheduling if event meetings may be still be scheduled during the date(s) specified. If you do not check this box, all events will be incomplete on the date(s).
- Click Save and Close to save the new record and return to the list. The new holiday or announcement will now appear on calendar and grid views for the date(s) indicated.