The Available Rooms tool provides a quick way to search for available rooms and/or equipment and services. You may enter time and date information and filters to limit your search. Resulting available items may be printed or selected to create an event or meeting.
- Click the Calendars tab.
- Select Available Rooms.
- Search For: select what is being searched.
- Purpose of Search: Choose if the purpose is for an event or an academic section. This matters because rooms can be configured to restrict usage based on the activity type. The list of available rooms or resources returned will be those that are allowed for the activity type.
Time and date information may be entered to represent a single meeting, multiple random meetings, or a recurring pattern. This flexibility allows for searches to be performed on behalf of an event or academic section, or simply to research open spaces and items for informational purposes.
- Click Add Meeting.
- Select the Single Meeting or Recurring Meeting.
- If Single Meeting: enter the start time, end time, start date, and end date values for the meeting.
- If Recurring Meeting: enter the start and end time, the day pattern, and the date range of the meetings.
- Click OK to add your meeting to the search page. Repeat as needed to build a list of meetings across multiple times and days.
The filters define the spaces and resource items that are searched for availability. By default, all filter options are set to “Any”, meaning that all rooms and equipment/service items are searched, and any available item is returned in the list. However, complex filtering is also supported, allowing multiple filter options to be provided to restrict the list as desired. These settings may be edited repeatedly to refine the list of results returned.
- Click Filter Options.
- Click the + icon to the right of the filter type you would like to set and make selections for your search criteria. You may search for locations, equipment/services, or both, depending on the search type selected above.
- Click Done to add them to the list.
- Click OK.
Search & Results
The search results panel displays a list of rooms and/or equipment and services that are available for all times and dates in the search that meet the filter criteria.
- Click Search to generate a list of available items based on the meetings and filters provided. The search criteria can be changed and re-searched as needed.
- Select a room if creating an event.
Search results can be printed OR an event can be created. Sections cannot be created from the Available Rooms Tool.
- Click Print Results to generate a printer-friendly view of the search results, including the meeting and filter information.
- Click Create Event to make a reservation and select one room and one or more equipment/service items.
- The event form will appear with the meeting information and rooms/equipment pre-selected.
- Complete the event creation process to reserve the items and create the event.